Yacht Rigging UK is a mobile yacht rigging company serving the UK from our base in Plymouth, Devon.
At Yacht Rigging UK, we believe that complete faith in a vessels rig is not only paramount to safety, but essential for a relaxed and enjoyable time on the water. Yacht Rigging UK is fully mobile and more than happy to come to you, even if the vessel is on a mooring.
Nigel Mashembo has worked in the marine industry for over 15 years, gaining over 100,000 nautical miles as a delivery skipper, RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean sail & power and an RYA Examiner & Instructor, skippering all kinds of sailing boats ranging from small sports boats and family cruisers through to custom carbon race yachts.
Prior to working in the marine industry Nigel was an aircraft mechanical engineer and also worked in aerospace design. Nigel’s extensive experience in the marine industry includes:
- Yacht commissioning
- Yacht & motorboat management
- Owner and skipper of a 11.8m charter race yacht
- Project management of boat refit work
- Electrical and mechanical system installations
- Yacht mast removal and installation
- Running and standing rigging repair and replacement
Some of the yachts worked on include:
- Prima 38 - Nigel’s own charter race yacht standing &running rigging replacement
- Projection 762 - rig setup and optimisation including carbon bowsprit
- Beneteau 473 - mainsail traveler replacement and mast track repairs
- Elan 310 - mast removal and installation before and after shipping to Hong Kong
- Elan 350 - mast installation and commissioning
- Pogo 6.5 Mini Transat - mast removal for transportation
- Melges 24 - mast installation and running rigging replacement
- Oyster 55 - running rigging replacement and standing rigging repair
“Sailing has always been a passion and I believe that rigging safety is essential for our customers’ boat confidence on the water.” - Nigel Mashembo.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our very best to answer them. You can call us on +44 (0) 7773 111 860, email us at email@example.com or fill in our small contact form; whichever way you choose we'll be happy to discuss all your yacht rigging requirements.